Helpful Information on Internal Cleansing
Often times, people have a variety of questions about the benefits and process of Colon Hydrotherapy. Our goal is to provide a better understanding of its benefits, and we will answer many of your preliminary questions below. We look forward to the opportunity to discuss the process with you in person to make sure that you are completely comfortable and well informed.
- The practice began in the ancient times in Egypt, as early as 1500 BC. Medical documents known as the “Eber Papyrus” reference enemas and colon hydrotherapy being used by physicians to treat fever and remove feces and mucus.
- The ancient Greeks also used colonic irrigation to remove toxins for those with disease.
- In the 19th century it was considered that the bacteria associated with the colon could be cleansed and toxins eliminated from the body by creating a flushing system that worked with gravity.
- In 1908, Russian scientist Elie Metchnikoff received the Nobel Prize for research on immunity, and found that disease occurs due to the buildup of toxins in the body, finding that intestinal toxins actually shorten a person’s life.
- Soon, Sir. W Arbuthnot Lane found that the bowel was the source of many health problems and that toxins within the colon are the cause of many diseases.
A colonic is the gentle process by which water enters and exits the body simultaneously rinsing the colon of accumulated feces, washing away toxic wastes.
- The treatment takes place in a quiet, completely private treatment room. You will recline on a comfortable treatment table, leaving your top on and covering the lower half of your body with a drape sheet. Your body is covered throughout the entire session except when a small speculum is inserted, and this is painless and takes 5-10 seconds. The therapist remains with you in-room for both the closed and Libbe treatment.
- You will start on your left side and the therapist will then guide you to turn on your back. You will occasionally be given an abdominal massage to facilitate the water’s movement in the colon. With the closed treatment, you will feel the sensation to push, but just focus on breathing and allow the device to do the work for you. With the Libbe, you will gently push when you feel the need as the device does the work for you. With both systems, you will feel comfortable and at ease once you get started. Don’t worry in advance; most clients use both devices interchangeably.
- At the end of your session, you will have the treatment room to yourself to release any remaining water while sitting on the toilet. Once the session is complete, you can redress and relax with a cup of hot tea.
There will be no pain at all. You may experience a feeling of fullness in the abdominal and possibly slight cramping created by the water. Gentle water flowing through your colon may give you an unusual sensation. The inserting of the small speculum takes only a few seconds and is not painful. After a minute or so you will not even feel that it is there. Most clients find the treatment to be relaxing, as you learn about good health and are motivated to be the best.
Yes it is. We always use a brand new, factory-sterilized and sealed disposable speculum and hose, both of which are disposed after each use (always insist on disposable no matter what clinic you visit). Colonics are very safe; the flow of water into the body is extremely gentle and slow. No need for any concern. As always, it is recommended that you consult with your medical doctor prior to making changes in your healthcare regimen.
- The amount of treatments needed varies greatly between individuals and his/her condition. Often times, waste is so well logged and hard in the colon that it may take a series of colonics to sufficiently soften and loosen the accumulated fecal matter. If you are on a detox program and eating a great amount of raw fruits and veggies, you should get frequent treatments. This is because a raw diet triggers the body to dump tremendous amount of toxins, so you need to rinse those toxins from your colon often in order keep up with the rapid detox.
- Once your colon has had a series of cleansings, your body will tell you when and how often you need to get additional colonics to maintain a healthy internal environment. Any time you can fit a colonic into your time and budget, it will be beneficial for you.
- An example of a good series would be to start with a series of 12 sessions: two the first week (one today/one tomorrow), two the second week, and one a week for the next eight weeks.
- The human body is exceptionally sensitive, and we find this to be a healthy, appropriate approach to a colonic series. When we clean out the colon, the body starts pulling waste out of the tissue and putting it into the blood stream. The waste then heads to the liver and then back to the colon. Therefore, the second colon hydrotherapy session is necessary so that the digested waste is eliminated and rinsed out rather than being reabsorbed.
- The same applies to the second week. After you’ve had four sessions, it is recommended to have one a week in order slow down the detoxification to a gentler-tolerable rate. You will become more in tune with your body, and will know when it is time for another session.
- We will discuss this with you further as we evaluate your progress and determine a set of series that will fit your time and budget. Some go an entire life time carrying toxins with them never realizing what a difference colonics can make. No matter how often you can get a session, we highly recommend that you do.
When toxins that have been lying dormant in the colon are being flushed out and stirred up, some may feel light-headed or nauseous during a session. This is called a “healing crisis” and will quickly pass. As you go along with your cleansing program, you may have additional healing crises, but you will feel much better overall, and day by day you will have a stronger feeling of health and well–being.
Colon Hydrotherapy retrains the muscle or bowel to regain strength and work better. After a series of colonics, most people regain the normal bowel function of at least one movement per day. In time, once the colon is strengthened with colonics (like a work out for your colon) a healthy bowel may eliminate two or three times per day as it should. We suggest you adopt a healthy diet consisting of lots of raw fruit, veggies, whole grains, and omegas 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. An overall balanced diet is important for the body to function properly; it all goes hand in hand. When you have a weak bowel, you may observe a darkening of the stool because of the much longer transition time in your system. The result of this can be toxic decay, fermentation and putrefaction absorbing into your blood stream, rather than regularly passing out of the body. Our goal is to help strengthen your colon so that you will be able to go better on your own and keep your internal system in top shape.
If you are trying to unplug or clean the lower part of the colon, an enema will help. But this misses about five feet of the colon. Laxatives are irritants to the colon and the body. The colon produces a thin watery substance that goes through the colon to attempt to flush the irritant out but leaves behind impacted toxins and waste.